Mitt Romney Hypocritically Tries to Call the President Out of Touch; His Policies Would Hurt the Middle Class
Today’s New York Times says Mitt Romney is trying to call President Obama out of touch. But Romney’s comments and policies reveal his inability to relate to the middle class.
- Please see this new campaign video, titled “Out of Touch.”
Extreme Hypocrisy: When Romney calls someone out of touch, he has no credibility.
- He said he likes “being able to fire people.”
- He said he’s “not concerned about the very poor.”
- He said “corporations are people.”
- He it was “humorous” when his father closed a factory in Michigan that cost thousands of workers their jobs.
Mitt Romney can’t hide his out-of-touch policies behind hypocritical rhetoric. He’d hurt the middle class by bringing back the same failed policies that created the economic crisis in the first place.
- He’d give millionaires and billionaires a 25 percent tax cut while raising taxes on 18 million hardworking families.
- He’d implement a budget that would end Medicare as we know it and gut middle-class investments to help pay for tax cuts to the wealthiest and corporations.
- He’d let Wall Street write its own rules again and try to balance the budget on the backs of the middle class.
- He wanted to “let Detroit go bankrupt” when the auto industry was on the brink.
- He wants to let foreclosures “hit the bottom” instead of helping struggling homeowners stay in their homes.