We're Hiring a Digital Director
Kentucky Democratic Party seeks a Digital Director who will manage and grow all digital properties of the Party, including our email list, social media accounts, and website traffic. You’ll work every day to engage and inspire Democrats in Kentucky and hold Republicans accountable. The Digital Director will play an important role on our team and will help elect Democratic candidates, protect our Democratic incumbents, and support our Democratic nominee for president in 2016.
- Manage and develop an integrated digital campaign plan for the Party, including email, social media, and web properties.
- Work with the state party chair, finance and communications staff, consultants and Democratic leaders to achieve our online goals.
- Write, edit, and manage content for the Party's email list. You’ll raise money, mobilize volunteers, and help elect candidates up and down the ticket.
- Engage Democrats online and expand our base by writing, editing and curating content for the Kentucky Democratic Party’s by social media accounts.
- Manage an email and social media content calendar.
- Track breaking news and current events to develop content for email and social media. Identify opportunities for online engagement and track digital trends to grow our online program.
- Track and analyze digital data.
- Manage website, email, social media data and segment our email list to improve our results.
- Perform trainings for local Democratic leaders and campaign staff. You’ll develop trainings materials on key digital skills like email organizing, social media, and online fundraising.
- Champion the importance of digital communications and online organizing in the Democratic and nonprofit community in Kentucky.
- Experience with email and digital organizing, communications, and online fundraising.
- Excellent persuasive writing skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Experience with email platforms, such as Blue State Digital, NGP, Salsa, ActBlue, Convio, GetActive).
- Experience with content management systems such as Drupal or WordPress.
- Understand basics of graphic design for the online consumption; experience with the Adobe systems, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign preferred but not required.
- Proven experience managing multiple complex projects and finishing tasks on deadline.
- Ability to track and understand digital data. Experience with Google Analytics is helpful.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Passion for electing Democrats and working with members of the broad coalition that make up our Party.
- Comfortable working with high-level Democratic officials, candidates, staff, and donors.
HOW TO APPLY
This is a full-time position. This position is available immediately. Candidates willing to commit to stay through multiple election cycles preferred. Salary is commensurate with experience. Please send resume, cover letter, and three professional references electronically to email@example.com. Finalists will be asked to complete a writing test to show their skill with writing blast emails.
The Kentucky Democratic Party (KDP), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The KDP is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. The KDP will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.